· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Movie quotes you use constantly
crazytexan
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 10:09

Hey gang. Saw this topic on a local radio station's message board and thought I'd give it a try here. It's simple, tell us what movie quotes you use on a regular basis in your everyday conversations with friends, family, coworkers, etc... Show us how you infuse pop culture into your convos.

The more obscure and amusing, the better. Please keep the PD's in mind, so no vulgarities and try to keep the inuendos limited. Wouldn't want to get the forums removed now would we? ;)

Example: "The files are IN the computer?" and, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" - Zoolander.

"uhhh....yeah, I'll need you to come in on Sunday...m'kay?" -Office Space.

Have fun!

kittykat
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 10:33

Well my friend before she went the US anyhow used to say "schoochie moochies" or whatever the heck it was from Mall Rats (or one the Kevin Smith films) :D.

KK

sg8472
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 10:48

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on"
Samuel Goldwyn.

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
Peter O'Toole.

I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it. -- Groucho Marx (Duck Soup)

All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work. -- Steve Martin (Sgt. Bilko)

You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater. -- Mike Myers (Austin Powers: Goldmember)  ... :} while attempt the accent :(

SG!

deanna
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 11:26

"Rude Much?" ~Buffy "The Movie not the TV Show"

"That's SO NOT the drama!" ~ KP "KimPossible" (does that count)

*LOL* I really do say both of those all the time.  

Oh Oh Oh and every time I think something is sorta scary I'll say (yes out loud) "Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My" ~Dorothy "The Wizard of Oz"

korny
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 11:39

I say this one whenever I possibly can. I really love saying it to make people mad. :)

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." -Gone With The Wind, of course.

skull_leader
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 11:45

Lately, whenever I hear someone younger than me complain about getting older, I simply smile and say to them (in my best Frank Oz voice), "When 900 years old you reach..."   :D

Hey Kym, what's the sitch?  ;)

katrina
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 15:53

I don't so much use exact movie/tv quotes as adapt them to whatever I'm saying - well-known example - "But it's a whole 'nother *insert time period here*" - as voiced by Luke in A New Hope.

My friends and I have taken to using Joss Whedonspeak too, ever since we started ingesting Buffy in mass quantities. The first time one of my friends heard Buffy say "wiggins" he was like "huh? what? what's that?" about two hours after having explained it to him(and still in the same Buffy session), he said "it was giving me a wiggins..." ..and of course we all pointed and laughed at him.

christena
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 15:53

Jealous Much?-Heathers(yeah..I like that one*eg*)

I feel the need....the need for speed!-Top Gun(usually in my car)

Neo maxi zoom dweebie- Breakfast Club(when someone is being a real goob)

He's so fine, somebody needs to put him on a plate and sop him up with a biscuit!-Coming to America(It's actually  he's talking about a girl but I switch it)

Et tu Brute?-JUlius Ceasar(when someone stabs me in the back)

Yeppers..I say them all...*LOL*

and there are some others..just can't think right now*L* :D

Cinna :)

robin
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 20:38

"Ahh... Earth to [person you're talking to]" - Zoolander (great movie ;))

"What is this?? A [object] for ants?!" - Zoolander

"Shiggity Shiggity Shwa" and numerous other quotes from this great flash cartoon - monkeymofo.com

cant th ink of many more at the moment...

hongjun
# Posted: 24 Sep 2004 20:51

Hmm

Okay, I haven't seen the film, I read the quote in newspaper review about 2 new teen chick flicks and I always drop the last word of the quote.

Oh now I can't remember the name of the film :}

"wipe that face of your head"

I love to use that because everyone has to do a double take and think about what I just said!

Hong

quincyw
# Posted: 25 Sep 2004 21:34

"Great Galloping Gobstoppers!" The Second Doctor, Doctor Who

I'm starting to use it instead of swearing or offending any religious people... ^^ :P

hydralisk
# Posted: 26 Sep 2004 06:21

"With the proper amount of force my boot WILL fit up your arse!" (slightly modified for forum purposes ;) ) - Blackhawk Down

"Who else wants to negotiate?" - The Fifth Element

"Whoa...." - The Matrix

Probably more, but I just woke up....

-Hydra

iain
# Posted: 26 Sep 2004 07:11

Almost every line from any of the Matrix films, including but not limited to: "No, Lieutenant, your men are already dead.", "More.", "It has already begun.", "Cookies need love like everything does.", "She said you're a bad man.", "There is no spoon." and "the".

Why do people avoid conversations with me? :( ;)

Iain

rabid_tribble
# Posted: 27 Sep 2004 01:34

Are TV quotes admissible in this thread too?

'Cause one just popped into my mind, that I use once in a while.

"Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?"  (Gary Coleman "Arnold" in every episode of Different Strokes).  Must be used to express incredulity or exasperation, when someone is talking nonsense, or saying something unsettling that you do not particularly want to hear.  

A movie quote that I use once in a while: "I got bigger fish to fry" (the villain Max Shreck [played by Christopher Walken], in Batman Returns). Can be used whenever you want to say that you have better things to do.  

Another quote that I've said a fair amount of times over the years, except I substitute the name of the city:  "Vancouver, the city of the living!" ("Cairo, the city of the living!", said by Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark) That particular quote needs no further explanation: It simply means that the city you're referring to is beautiful and alive----lively!  

And another TV quote that I've been known to utter (in a "happy-go-lucky" sort of way),  if someone is starting to get on my nerves: "Mr. Mcgee, don't make me angry-----you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" (Dr. Banner, in The Incredible Hulk 70s TV show opening credits)  

Another movie quote that I use quite frequently: "Let's make like a tree and get outta here!" (Said in all three Back to the Future films by Biff. ) In reality, the correct expression is "Let's make like a tree and leave", but thick-headed Biff was saying it wrong. *L* It means, "let's get out of here" (Duh! :P ), and is used when you're at a place where you don't particularly want to be,

such as the workplace, and it's time to leave. (your shift's over) *LOL*

I know I have a bunch more, but I'd have to think about it.....These are just some that popped into my head as I started to write this post.

RT

kittykat
# Posted: 27 Sep 2004 04:43

Being Northern Irish we have plenty of our own little phrases n words to keep us going but I know that I have been guility of say "Could you be anymore.............?!" (from friends) :}

KK

penlost
# Posted: 28 Sep 2004 11:46

I am always using "I'll get you my pretty" (Wizard of Oz)

Everybody finds it very annoying. The worse thing is that I find it very annoying but for some reason, I just can't stop myself from coming out with it !!!

simon_alexander
# Posted: 29 Sep 2004 19:01

Hmmm...When I had Gladular Fever, I was not allowed to do much work e.g mow lawns, lift heavy things etc.

Mum asked my to unpack the dishwasher I would Do a few Reaaall wussy coughs and say "..... I think I have the black lung" This never worked though, but mum was lauhging. :D  That quote was from Zoolander

robin
# Posted: 30 Sep 2004 01:28

Do it... Do it...

Pucker up...  Do it.

- Starsky and Hutch

sg8472
# Posted: 30 Sep 2004 10:02

From Alias:

"Write this down; E.M.E.T.I.B. Got it? Now reverse it!"

SG!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.037
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0