· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Cheap Phone calls
hongjun
# Posted: 30 Nov 2004 20:44

Hey,

I know that quite a few folks at OTF call each other internationally and so I thought that you might like to know about a web site that offers very cheap rates on international phone calls.

The site is http://www.comxo.com/easyvoice.cfm and I would suggest that you at least take a look and see if it would benefit you or not.

Hong

richard
# Posted: 1 Dec 2004 01:24

Just FYI...

To use this service you either must have a credit card yourself or you should have someone with a credit card to pay for you.
No credit card? Then there's really no need to bother checking out the site, even if they have very cheap rates.

Richard

deanna
# Posted: 1 Dec 2004 04:38

This is a great thread idea Hong...as many of us (namely me) don't have a plan on our phones to call internationally and rely heavily on phone cards...I wish I could speak for other countries but I cannot, however I can tell the folks in the US, check out the Verizon "Speak Out" Cards, I know all 7-11's sell them, and I'm sure you can call Verizon and find out where they are sold in your area. They come in increments of $5, $10, and $20. They rock, I use them all the time, and 99% of the time I have a crystal clear sound and can talk for hours, with no threat of a phone bill :)

Good Luck!

(Note here, the $5 cards aren't worth it unless your desperate to talk, as I can only get about 60 minutes to the UK on one of those)

demonslayer
# Posted: 4 Dec 2004 16:28

For people in UK and want to call the rest of the world, try JUST DIAL

The call only cost the price of a national call Daytime(8am-6pm) 5p/ Evening(6pm-8am) 5.5p and Weekend 6p

Prices are from the BT webpage and are only for 1 minute. Any longer please consult page.

P.S.  If you have BT option 3, i think national calls are free upto an hour (but don't quote me)

P.P.S. Reason i've only put BT down as it's what i use.  and i can't be bothered putting up info from all the other service providers

sonata
# Posted: 4 Dec 2004 18:32

Hey,

Since we're on the topic, I just thought I'd throw in Skype. Skype is internet telephony software that's making big headlines since it was recently incorporated into the latest version of Kazaa. It's available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. The software is free, so as long as you have a decent connection and a microphone, it costs nothing to make long-distance calls.

To be honest, though, I haven't tried it myself yet. But Nobbe can apparently vouch for its validity, so ask him.

- Jesse

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.025
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0