· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Episode III Fan Already In Line
sg8472
# Posted: 18 Jan 2005 02:13

Source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30205

Seattle Star Wars fan Jeff Tweiten has already set up camp in line for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith at the Cinerama theater in this Northwest city, even though the movie doesn't open until May 19. And he's chronicling his wait on a blog, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported.

"I think Star Wars is the quintessential modern myth," Tweiten told the newspaper. "It's the hero story, the breaking away from home and family and proving yourself in the world."

Tweiten is a 27-year-old graphic artist who grew up on Bainbridge Island and attended the Art Institute of Seattle. Before moving to the street, he lived in a Belltown apartment. To make ends meet, he also makes ceramic raku masks, plays poker and picks up occasional odd jobs.

His friends bring him changes of clothes, snacks and their company. Nearby businesses offer a bathroom, a shower or a warm cup of coffee. Passersby might laugh in amusement, shake their heads in wonder or strike up a conversation, the newspaper reported.

"It's about freedom," Tweiten said about his decision to camp out. "To me, it's exercising my right as an American to do what I want to do, without hurting anybody."

anth
# Posted: 18 Jan 2005 14:01

Erm....*Points down to earlier thread* :P

lzrman
# Posted: 18 Jan 2005 20:10

*L*

Lzrman

sg8472
# Posted: 19 Jan 2005 06:44

Okay, so you have me... I don't visit this section of the forums very often :P :D

SG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0