· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Connection Issues
kittykat
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 04:32

I believe my ISP (BTyahoo) are experiencing network problems (you may of seen me cursing them last night). basically Im having real problems getting and staying connected to the net (the connection just drops), unfortunately as the service status line they have declares that "there are no reported service problems" I have no idea of when this is going to clear or if it even is my ISP.  

What this means is that since my work has banned us from using webmail and I mean that in the sense that I literally cannot access it rather than it's "frowned upon", so I'm unable check my email at the moment.

If it gets cleared up sharpish I'll delete this message but just in case it drags on (I was unable to connect all day saturday) I thought I should let youse know!

KK

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 05:39

Anth and I have BT Broadband.. Last night our modem went pop.. so we're having to use ermmmm * whispers * AOL dial up till our new modem arrives in a few days time.. slow? yep it's a right pain in the bum !!

* jadzia *

kittykat
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 09:38

I get on for short bursts but the connection just keeps dropping, I must of redialled about 10 times in the past 10 minutes

Not a happy bunny - this being the 3rd day in the past week with problems.

KK

rpmobsession
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 11:53

Heeey now! I have AOL dial-up as my main connection! :P Hey, in rural Georgia, it isn't that bad, though! Actually, I don't notice much of a difference between dial-up and broadband. I mean, AOL has become VERY dial-up friendly. *l*

-RPMObsession

kittykat
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 12:29

AOL is the root of all evil

Please to say my connection now seems to be stable (crisis averted!;)

KK

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 16 Feb 2005 14:25

KK .. yep AOL all evil !!.. slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
can't have as meny windows open 'cause it just stops! Glad your soeted :) loads and loads of unwanted pages come up.. and it hogs the phone line !!

rpmobsession.. well I don't know what broadband you have..but the one Anth and I use is fast.. you don't have to sit around  for ages till your page has loaded like with this darn thing we have now.. roll on till we get our new modem !!

* Jadzia *

rpmobsession
# Posted: 18 Feb 2005 13:01

Our  broadband was fast, too. But, out here in the middle of nowhere, and less people connected dial-up works jsut fine! *l* Just as fast feeling as broadband and such. *l* Believe me. It's weird, but it is quite fast.

-RPMObsession

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.050
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0