· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / On anti-complainers
michiel
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 06:28

Alright, so what do we mostly see here on these forums? We see people complain about bugs, possible exploitation, strange occurrences and suchlike. Then, every now and again, someone comes along and says, “Stop complaining, it’s just a game, the devs have it hard enough as it is!” or something to the same extent.

See… That doesn’t go down well with me. Think of it like this, you are participating in a bowling tournament, and when the ball rolls up for a perfect strike it just knocks into the pins, but they remain standing. Your chances in the tournament are ruined, and to make it worse, when you go and tell someone they tell you to shut up because, in the grand scheme of life, does bowling really matter?

Something that shouldn’t be functioning in  a certain way does turn out to function that way, and it’s not fair, thereby ruining your game experience (and that's what it's all about). As soon as you have a bunch of people playing your game, you have the responsibility to make the game work properly, because every game dev ought to be thankful for their playerbase.

Now this isn’t a jab at the devs of BNT here at OTF, I’ve not seen them tell anyone to be quiet. This post is aimed towards those that, in a rather fanboy-like manner, keep going, “OMG, stop complaining! It’s only a game!” Shush you, it’s a game, yes. It should work as it’s supposed to. If not, then people will speak up - as they should.

</rant>

~Michiel

egmond1981
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 07:03

I don't know who you are, but I totaly agree.
To much people say that it is only a game...
But even when it is just a game I play it to win.
If I wouldn't play to win, I would go reading a book.
So if there is something wrong with the game I want to speak out and hear what others think about it.
And I want to know what others think of the problem, not what they think of me.

I know that sometimes I tend to forget that even the Mods and Admins have other tings to do, and I admit that I am not happy with the way Plugboy is handling things.
But I won't tell him to quit, because I am not sure I can do a better job.

Btw. Plugboy, if you are reading this, can we have a chat at msn someday? I would like to speak with you, about my posts and such...I fear you have a wrong idea about me. I ain't that bad, just a little critical.

So to conclude... I won't stop complaining when things are wrong...

Remulus out.

kevkc
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 08:49

*chuckles*

Well, Chiel, you've finally done it... You found someone who doesnt know who you are...

So, how many signs of the apocalypse are we on now? 6, wasnt it?

*watches universe implode*
KC

demonvamp
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 10:51

Doesn't know who Michiely is!! :?  The outrage! It's all the admins/lamers/silentstryker's fault :o

QD, writing to her member of parliament as we speak!

egmond1981
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 11:42

He people, take it easy...

I am a BNT player, and not much more than that.
I know a little about Outpost10F, but to look around there would consume to much of my precious time.
So I just don't know anyone by their name.
BNT names I know, and that's all.

To bad for you legends...

michiel
# Posted: 2 Mar 2005 11:52

*lol* I no longer play BNT, I used to play it in the first and second rounds, ended up in 2nd place both times, and went by Binko Flaar and As We Froth back then. Now enough with the off-topicness. :P

~Michiel

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.020
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0