· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Star Wars TV Confirmed
sg8472
# Posted: 22 Mar 2005 07:56

Source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30673

Steve Sansweet, who handles fan relations for Lucasfilm, told Now Playing Magazine that Star Wars will live on in various TV projects beyond the upcoming final prequel film Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith.

"We are looking into all kinds of things for the future," Sansweet, Lucasfilm's director of content management and fan relations, told the magazine. "We're looking for television clearly—animation [and] we are looking into live-action television." Sansweet declined to say what kind of live-action TV programming the studio envisions.

In addition, the Star Wars franchise will continue in LucasArts games, Sansweet said. "Not only the kinds of things that are there now, but as technology progresses, we're looking at what direction that can go," he said. "We're also continuing to see how we can expand Lucas Online in various ways." Episode III opens May 19.

babel
# Posted: 24 Mar 2005 02:10

I think it's a little early to say Star Wars Tv is 'confirmed' ; the article is couched with 'maybes'.

However, the great news is that Mark Hamill has expressed his willingness to reprise his role as Luke. Wouldn't that be brilliant? (This was from SFX magazine.)

kittykat
# Posted: 24 Mar 2005 03:13

make me happy that woould :D

KK

anth
# Posted: 25 Mar 2005 14:39

I don't think it's getting ahead of ourselves to say this is certain.

If you read an interview with anyone in the know, and they say it's happening in 2006.

However, all the latest rumours of the storyline and plot of the TV show seem to centre around a young Boba Fett. With a timeline around Episode's 2 and 3.

I'd like the show to feature Mark Hamill. But, hearing Lucas's comments on taking Star Wars beyond Return of the jedi, i'm tending to believe it will be set around the time of the clone wars. Lucas always says there will be no episodes 7, 8, or 9. And i kind of support it, Jedi finished so perfectly, i don't want it messed up either.

If you think about it from a production point of view it's far easier to place the series in a simular time frame to Episode III. Lucas will insist this is TV of the highest possible standard visualy. They have 18 months before this show airs in 2006. That's not alot of time to produce something of the quality Lucas will insist on.

If a TV show can utilize sets, CGI models, and costumes from recent movies it will save money, time, and alot of work. And aid the production, helping it reach that 18 month deadline.

If the show revisits the OT period. Lucasfilm and ILM will be practically starting from scratch, barring a few CGI models and animatics from the OT special editions.

Add to this the fact that Lucas will definately not recognise anything covered in EU material. If he ever planned to cover situations or timelines written about in EU he would never have given permission for those stories to be published. You can pretty much say for certain anything in the EU will never be made by Lucas. He only OK's stuff he's not intending to make.

That's why there was a gaping hole in EU around the clone wars era. Lucas would not allow it until he had made Episode II.

George Lucas will have concieved this show. Nobody will be able to say it was Kevin Anderson and his Jedi Academy books.

So, no Thrawn, no Jedi Academy, no Hamill as Luke i'm afraid. :(

If you want to quote this sometime in 2006, i'll be prepared to eat a very large hat if i'm wrong. :P

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.024
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0