· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / David Tennant confirmed as the New Dr!
kittykat
# Posted: 16 Apr 2005 01:58

Well according to the BBC press office, which you'd hope 'd be a little reliable!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressof....t.shtml

KK

dierna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2005 06:37

And here's what Yahoo says about it:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....rwho_dc

David Tennant, the star of period drama Casanova, has been named by the BBC as the new "Doctor Who" to front the cult science-fiction television series.

The BBC said Tennant, 33, would replace Christopher Eccleston who announced he was quitting after one series as the Doctor.

Tennant, who will star alongside Billie Piper, will be the 10th Time Lord.

"I grew up loving Doctor Who and it has been a lifelong dream to get my very own Tardis," he said.

"Taking over from Chris is a very daunting prospect -- he has done a fantastic job of reinventing the Doctor for a new generation and is a very tough act to follow."

Eccleston, whose first appearance as the ninth Doctor attracted 10 million viewers, said he was leaving the role because he feared being typecast.

Tennant has previously appeared in Stephen Fry's movie "Bright Young Things" and BBC drama "Blackpool."

Filming for a new 13-part adventure and Christmas special will start later in 2005.

Dierna note: Watches as all the Patrick Stewart as Dr. Who rumours fly out the window :?

kittykat
# Posted: 16 Apr 2005 07:23

eh that was one small rumour in a tabloid which couldn't be verified. :)

Well not convinced but I shall wait and see!

KK

demonvamp
# Posted: 16 Apr 2005 09:01

It's all over teletext now, and I think he'll be okay. I've really enjoyed Casanova, and he'll be the second youngest Dr after Peter Davidson.

QD.

quincyw
# Posted: 16 Apr 2005 19:42

Well Gallifrey One has the same thing and Gallifrey One is 99% accurate...

kittykat
# Posted: 17 Apr 2005 05:09

I should of added convinced about his ability to play the dr :D

but as I said I shall wait and see!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.036
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0