· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Countdown's presenter Whiteley dead
hongjun
# Posted: 26 Jun 2005 17:49

Hi,

I am sure that everyone who has ever had the chance to see an episode of the Channel 4 game show Countdown will be saddened to hear that Richard Whitley has passed away.  I know that I was very sorry to have heard of it, he was a great presenter and without him Countdown would never have gone on for so long.

More news here

Hong

kittykat
# Posted: 26 Jun 2005 23:09

I was really sad to hear this.   I used to watch countdown when i got home from school (with a pop tart and a cup of cappucino).  

:(

KK

ajcardall
# Posted: 27 Jun 2005 05:25

This is a much of a shock as it is a sense of great loss. Richard Whitely was one of the most well loved and famous people within the British Isles, made famous for his loud ties and obessions with bad puns and his tea-time teasers.

I'm truly shocked to hear of his passing. It truly is a sad day.

RIP

kevkc
# Posted: 27 Jun 2005 05:31

Richard will be missed too by the viewing public of the Republic of Ireland. As the first face to appear on Channel Four when it was launched in 1982, he became a national institution and a well loved figure. His ties, suits, and love over-dramatisation and puns will be sadly missed on this side of the channel also.

So let's now please reveal today's crucial countdown conundrum...

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam.
KC

demonvamp
# Posted: 27 Jun 2005 08:30

I couldn't believe it last night when I heard. Whilst not being a particular fan of Countdown, it's just shocking to lose such a familiar face. I think the entire country will miss him in some ways.

QD

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0