· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Olympics 2012
hongjun
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 07:27

Hey,

Maybe you don't care, but I am just so pleased that London won the 2012 Olympics.

So congrats to London I am sure it will be a wonderful games!

Hong

kittykat
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 09:34

Im glad too :)!

Nice to have one close to home in my lifetime

KK

demonvamp
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 09:49

I'm thrilled!! It's about time the UK won something. We needed the boost!

QD :D

jayneway
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 17:16

Was listening to the radio as it was announced - Woohooooo!  :D

The Spoon families of London would like to welcome all attendees to their family seat of residence. All steel and copper-based atheletes are invited to a cutlery drawer in a curiously square-shaped Islington flat.   :)

Sexy salt shakers shall provide massages, rust-prevention and galvinisation treatments while playing you indoctrinating, ehem, promotional spoonaliciously delightful music.  :?

I'm going to be 28 when it happens...ancient, man... :?

Love,
Jayne

dierna
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 18:44

Yea.. well it may seem cool at the time but just wait till they start on the construction of all the buildings and stuff.... all the traffic will be a pain....people complained for years during the construction for the Winter games in Salt Lake.... :? But congrats all the same u guys for killing NYC's hopes :P

Meanwhile I can't wait for the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver :? I doubt I'll go up there till then as I don't wanna deal with the construction. :P

polson
# Posted: 6 Jul 2005 21:30

I'm excited about Vancouver.  Actually...any winter Olympics makes me happy.  Go hockey!

(Holy crap, 28??? I didn't even THINK about aging!  I'll be...*counts* THIRTY ONE??????)

nicoll
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 01:16

I have to say, I'd have prefered if Paris or Madrid had won.  If oyu are going to goto the games then it'd be more fun.  Not that I'm really thatt upset about it.

Nicoll

jayneway
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 04:18

You know what? I'm sick of our country and our city being the butt of jokes, of snide remarks, of lukewarm indifference. I think it's shaming that the best the world can do is put in the boot, snigger and say we aren't up to it.

This is my last post on this subject. I'd rather let actions speak louder than inane bickering.

kittykat
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 04:46

The proof will be in the pudding - at which point they'll just have to suck it up.

We're British we can do whatever we put our minds to

KK

toddy
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 05:00

Congratulations to Great Britain for winning the bid!! Yay!! :)

I, for one, am glad that NYC didn't win the bid.  It's not all about the US you know.  :?  And I can say that, I'm an American. :D

citron
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 06:56

I, too, am glad NYC didn't get it.  Go London!  They obviously got it for a reason, right?

kittykat
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 09:08

Our presentation as London that would represent the world not just the UK I do believe.

KK

deanna
# Posted: 7 Jul 2005 19:11

I..happen to be completely enamoured with all things British. I have London treasures all over my house. I love Great Britain. I love the history, I love the architecture, I love the people, I love the way I feel when I'm there, I love the look of it. I just love it. Call me weird. I don't get why people make fun of my favorite place, so normally I just ignore them.

:) I'm beyond excited about the Olympics being there in 2012...and I absolutely REFUSE to discuss my age with anyone *L* :)
I wanna go...think I'll be there , in attendance? I'm sure going to try *s*

Yay!

leia1
# Posted: 10 Jul 2005 02:01

hmmm......*makes note to join american equestrian team for 2012* i should have plenty of time :D ....hope to see ya there :D

Paige

anthony_zuk
# Posted: 10 Jul 2005 08:23

Yay go London. Wasnt aware anyone made jokes of us Brits but if that is so, you know its only because you are jealous. :)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0