· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Notice to UK Residents
hobbie
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 06:15

This is an official announcement.

Our intelligence network has recently been notified of a grave situation originating from Scotland.
It appears that the entity known as CL7 Iain can now legally drive four wheeled vehicles equipped with an engine.

Extreme caution is strongly recommended if you intend to use British roads, fields and other random landscapes vaguely resembling roads. It is also advised to barricade the ground floor of your houses with meter-thick steel protections and equip your windows with unbreakable glass.

However, it is strictly forbidden to voice, imply or think loudly the reasons behind taking such measures to keep anyone from taking it as a challenge.

In the meantime, residents of other countries may want to start making preparations as all evidence show that the now-refered-to-as "Mad Phasing Yellow Monster" will move around in the near future. Indeed, expectations are that the population of Great Britain will be completely depleted by physicists' standarts in 32.15 hours, give or take a few microseconds.

Good luck to all.
we're doomed.  :(

End of Announcement.

demonvamp
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 07:25

*runs out to buy a tank*

QD :?

polson
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 07:38

*points* Nicoll, see?  I used to hear stuff like this all the time long before I ever drove, and even now I still get it.

It's all fun and games until you realize you're talking about a real person. :o

nicoll
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 08:16

Pols, you're not a 'real person' :P

And Iain is far too close to where I am for me to possibly comment on his driving. :(

Does "Duck and Cover" work for "the Iain mobile" as well as it does for nuclear attacks? :v

bria
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 10:55

Doomed... doomed, I say! :? Iain was bad enough without circular transportation devices and inflammable liquids... wait, he had those in physics and chemistry... crap. :(

Aside... congrats again, Iain, well done. ;)

aussielore
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 16:51

Are you SURE the roads aren't safe? I thought that the roads would be the BEST places to be if Iain's out in those four-wheeled monsters...  :P

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 18:31

Congratulations Iain, just tell us when you become a certified pilot *l*

Lzrman

christena
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 19:44

:?  *stays off the sidewalks* :?

:k

lupus
# Posted: 20 Sep 2005 22:16

hey congrats Iain :)

shakeycat
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 06:58

I'm glad they cancelled construction of the UK<>Canada bridge. It was a rotten idea from the start.

-Tanya

quinn
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 16:17

congrats, just notify me if u decide to come to wales heh, i'll book a holiday to cyprus for the duration :P

wolvie359
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 00:18

Well done Iain, just try and promise me that you will avoid Glenrothes......pedestrians........other cars.............everybody.  :D

*Runs away and hides inside the SGC bunker*

scorger
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 03:10

congrats Iain  ;) .

iain
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 13:02

Dear World,

This is an unofficial flame.

I blame Hobbie for supplying this gross misinformation. The "Mad Phasing Yellow Monster" threat is far more widereaching than merely "Britain and other countries". The very fabric of reality is threatened by this development, and so any and all unusual occurrences that cannot be blamed on Hobbie can be blamed on this.

Yes, you heard me, nothing can be blamed on this.

Thank you all,
Iain, or the MDYM, or else. That is, or otherwise. Nor "or else". :[

PS:

Ray- *LOL* Joking aside, thanks! ;)

QD- A tank will not be nearly enough. I recommend some sort of safe... on wheels. Yes, you heard me. Something with aerodynamic properties at least as good as this is the Fiat Panda. :k

Polson- Who are you calling a real person?! :o My technical classification is still being discussed. :(

Nicoll- If blue is red, then, yes, duck and cover will help. Otherwise, I recommend making peace with yourself.

Svenja- *LOL* ... hey. My octagonal transportation facilitation device (patent not pending) was a work of art. No, really, it had no function in science, so that made it art, by definitio... *trails off* ... wrong tack. Right. Take two. I mean, just because it imploded, that's not a crim... wait, wrong tack again. I'll just say "thanks! :D", and that'll do. :(

Aussie- To be honest, with Iain behind a wheel, all normal laws of physics go out the window. I reckon that diving into a quantum singularity, to "take your chances and escape", may be the best bet.

Lzr- Thanks, and I will... if/when they let me pilot an X-Wing. Again. (Don't hold your breath.)

Christena- Remember Morpheus in Reloaded? Dealing with the Twins in a car? That's the way to go! (You may need to purchase a saber.)

Lupus- Thanks!

Tanya- *LOL* Indeed. Such a bridge was asking for trouble. Particularly because the engineer recommended constructing it out of tectonic plates, using spiders' web as support. And, we all know about the Great Spider Purge of September 2005.

Quinn- Thanks! I will do. In fact, even if I fly over Wales (without a car) warning is probably in order.

Logan- Thanks! I promise that I will try to avoid some stuff. However, I'm not going to get any more specific than that. ... say, I wonder where I'd go about getting more gears put on the car... you can't do that much in gear 5...

Scorger- Thanks!

mezoti
# Posted: 24 Sep 2005 18:01

Oh dear :(

wolvie359
# Posted: 25 Sep 2005 12:06

:D

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0