· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Hurricane Rita
christena
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 14:46

I just wanted to post here to  all of out Texas OTFers that are in the path of Hurricane Rita. From the last report on the news, Rita is now a Category 5 hurricane and  is spinning at 165 mph. Please evacuate  if you are in danger and please know that you have many keeping you in  our thoughts and prayers.
Love you all and if you can..please let us know how  you are doing before or after. We just want to know you make it out allright.

Hugs  to you all...and please take care of you and yours,

Chrissy

deanna
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 15:10

With past mistakes knowledge is gained.

Leave the areas of TX that may get hit...

If any of the people I love are in the target area, move on North (I'd suggest MD if you wanna drive THAT far *L*)

I love you ...stay safe!

Praying for it to pass quickly,

Kim

demonvamp
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 18:18

Be okay folks, it's better to err on the side of safety.

QD

polson
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 19:32

Texans...party at Pol's house!  You can come live with me.  I'm certain my parents won't object in the slightest.

leia1
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 21:03

It's gonna hit even way up here in north-central...they expect the eye to hit us early sunday morning....which is gonna totally ruin weekend plans but make a sweet weekend of storm chasing!  :D   But don't worry  :P  i won't do anything to stupid  :P

Please keep my friend Sam and her fiance Jason in your prayers, they're down in Corpus Christi and i don't know if they're going to leave or not....i'll update when i get to talk to her.

~Paige

scorger
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 03:12

Be safe, don't sake "outstaying the storm". It's better to evacuate and return later, than risking it all.

Take care,
Scorger.

crazytexan
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 12:30

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and concern for us in the Lone Star State. I'm looking at the current hurricane projection on our local news website and JJ and I should be okay. We're about a three and a half to four hour drive from the gulf coast so I doubt we'll get nothing more than heavy wind gusts and rain if this thing goes too far inland. But the storm is turing north and should pass at least 50-100 miles east of our location before if fades out in northeast Texas and into Oklahoma. At least the hurricane has been downgraded to a Category 4, so hopefully it'll fizzle out more before it makes landfall.

Nathalie, Paige, and Robert Griffith are well north of us so the only other OTF'er I can think of that we would be worried about is Keith who is closer to the coast than us, and especially his family who lives in the projected path of hurricane Rita outside of Houston. There is also the chance that Rita may also hit Louisiana, so.... ugh... :(

We're keeping a close eye on this one folks, and we have a retreat plan in mind should this damn thing turn and head straight for us. We'll be sure to keep y'all informed as the weekend approaches.

CT

teekay
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 12:54

Stay safe, all of you, and thanks for keeping us informed.

leia1
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 23:00

we just got an e-mail that the damn thing might knock out our internet service here at the college  :(  i'll try and find somewhere to log on to drop updates.......there are those who have my number if anyone gets really worried about me just get it from them and call!

~Paige

hongjun
# Posted: 22 Sep 2005 23:23

hey,

well I hope that everyone we know is safe and that the hurricane slows down some!

Hong

christena
# Posted: 23 Sep 2005 06:09

Hey...I just seen a report that it may go more northward and hit the Lake Charles area of LA..I know of one chatter(or atleast he used to come in) that lives there.. and that is Sabien. Dustin...if you're out there..please take care of yourself and be safe*hugs*

And CeeT,JJ,Paige,Robert and Keith.....I hope it just goes away from ya'll....Hang on to something  if it don't and  Sending good Karma your way*nods*

Chrissy

deanna
# Posted: 23 Sep 2005 15:17

*sighs*
There goes the New Orleans levee's again....

Everyone's worst fears are being repeated!!!

:(

*hugs ya'll's way* Thanks for the information Seat, it's hard to know exactly who's where.

Stay safe Keith & Family! :)

christena
# Posted: 24 Sep 2005 15:01

Does anybody  talk  to  "Sabien" anymore? They said Lake Charles, La got hit pretty hard :(

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0