· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / The Passing of a Sporting Legend
ajcardall
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 10:07

Hello folks,

As some of you will know, soccer and sporting legend George Best sadly passed away yesterday (26th November) after a long battle against a lung infection and alcoholism.

George Best played soccer through the 60s and 70s and became the sport's first true superstar (ie, the David Beckham of his era) thanks to his true genius and fantastic sporting ability. He played famously for 10 years at Manchester United before leaving the club and playing at several smaller clubs, including a spell in the United States soccer leagues. He is often called the best player ever and among his admirers is the legend Pele.

Best is known by most soccer fans across the world and even non-soccer fans across Britain and Europe, and it is a sad day to hear of his passing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Mr. Best in this time.

R.I.P. George Best

fat_man
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 11:30

It was a great Loss  :(

marnal
# Posted: 3 Dec 2005 15:00

I visited the shrine at Old Trafford to say goodbye to Georgie. I willingly admit that I have shed quite a few tears since he passed, especially during his funeral. The best player ever and a lovely bloke who couldn't beat his illness. RIP, George!

And he played football . . .  not soccer. ;)

polson
# Posted: 3 Dec 2005 17:49

*consols the AJ*

anthony_zuk
# Posted: 4 Dec 2005 15:05

Like hundreds of people, I left my Man U scarf on the railings of old trafford. The world is a sadder place because he isnt in it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0