· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / LOST
deanna
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 14:34

Lost :
It's becoming an icon. A show that was a surprise to almost everyone how fast it's grown to such a huge cult following. Let's talk about it!
Get it all out here.

:)

After searching through some LOST trivia, here's the "official" ruling on the numbers appearing in Season I.

"Hurley uses the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 to win the lottery. During the season 1 finale, as Hurley drives to the airport, the numbers appear on the dashboard as the car stalls. Running to the gate, he passes a girl's soccer team with the same numbers on their uniform jerseys. They also appear on the hatch exterior and the vial Desmond uses for injection"

anth
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 14:50

Great idea Kym. :)

Let's hear this theory you mentioned about exactly what is happening on that island and why they are there? If it's the same theory i heard from one of the cast members it's pretty cool.

Oh... my pressy! is here... Install your own Dharma Initiative computer count down on your PC! :D

http://www.lost-tv.com/dharmainitiative.zip

Download this, unzip, double click, and it will set a timer on your PC to 108 minutes. When four minutes remain, well you know what to do then don't you? :D Please do it though!!! The Universe could implode or something if you don't type in those numbers!

deanna
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 18:21

OK...the theory.
It's something similar to "purgatory" and they aren't really alive and aren't really dead. They're in between. Until it's time for them to cross over.
Which sorta makes sense if you count how some have died. They've settled whatever they needed to. It also accounts for the mysterious people popping up in Season II. They had to come from somewhere.
Desmond.
The others they've just found.
What do you think?

katelyn
# Posted: 26 Nov 2005 20:17

I've only seen the first season but...

I read somewhere a few weeks ago about them possibly being dead... and I've been thinking about it as I watch the first season over... and it really seems like a cool idea! (If it's not so, I sure hope that have a darn good explanation for the polar bears!!;) So I was thinking pretty much the same thing that you posted, Deanna... but anything's possible.

That is all. I don't think I'll come back to this thread because I fear season 2 spoilers....

deanna
# Posted: 1 Dec 2005 04:21

Oh my gosh! Last night's episode rocked :) Well it was shown here in the US and we're well into Season II.Please highlight to read***SPOILER*** For those of you that saw it, did you think what I thought, the Stallion is her spirit guide? I love the mysterious black dude that's joined them as well! And then there was the Michael / Dad computer chat...what's up with that??? *blinks* **END SPOILER**

sg8472
# Posted: 1 Dec 2005 07:26

EDIT: Just in case.... may contain spoilers for those who haven't seen S2.

Ah, have to see last nights one.... must see it!

As for the theory... heard it before, sounds interesting, but really hope it's not that. I really don't wanna watch an entire series only to find out all the characters are dead, anyway. :D

Plus, with the introduction of Dharma I think they're trying to base it in the real world. A real company, with real experiments, that look like they probably went wrong.

I like the theory that this is an experiment... Another of the Dharma Iniative's?

A group of people stranded in what seems like a hopeless situation, trying to survive in extreme circumstances. Maybe it's a test of human adaptability and compassion. Maybe it's a test of how long it takes before anarchy occurs and friends turn on each other under the stress. Hurley's episode [Everybody Hates Hugo] definately emphasises that where he has to ration a limited food supply among 40+ survivors. He can't do that with a group that size, with the food amount he has. He could try, but would it make the situation worse. Instead he decides to go for one enjoyable blow-out meal, and just let the survivors have one good-night.

crazytexan
# Posted: 1 Dec 2005 08:17

We have six weeks to ponder what has happened so far in Season 2. No new episodes until Janurary 11 apparently.

The episode last night was indeed a jaw-dropper... :)

lupus
# Posted: 1 Dec 2005 09:17

ooooo.... LOST.
A very big can of worms

I dont know whats going on but lets think about the strange things:
1) Hurley and his Numbers. Strange. It appeard that the 'bad luck to others' happened a LOT around Hurley before getting lost, but its almost been a whole season before we first heard anything about it. (On a side note, its nice to see the french lady again, I like her)
2)Claire and her Baby. Weird. It apears that she is ment to raise her child by herself, thus why she was given tickets to LA, for that particular flight. The palm reader knew the plane was gonna crash.
3) Walt and his Powers. Mind Bending. I do not know if anyone else noticed this but in the episode about Walt he exhibits cirtian 'powers' A: when drawing the exotic bird. His mum didnt pay attention, next moment the same type of bird flys into the patio window (and kills its self) B: When his dad throws his comic onto the fire. We are left with the image of a polar bear just before it ignites, a few mins later in the episode, Walt is attacked by a Polar Bear
4) Locke. Just for the record, I like Locke. The weird this is that in all flash backs it seems that he has been training himself for this his whole life. And, not only that, but he seems to have EVERYONE sussed. He has helped so many on the island. Getting the dog back, building the cradel, hitting Boone round the head, saving Jack when he ran over a cliff, talking to Walt about the fire, etc

I want to know where Alex is, whats in the hatch Locke and Boone discovered and whats in the cave.

Lupus
Gateway Teamleader

jj
# Posted: 2 Dec 2005 12:41

Oooohhh, Lost! CT is so hooked on this show... (ok, so am I!;) :D

And why do the "others" only want the children and the "good people"?

I don't think everyone's dead, that just seems too easy to me.

anth
# Posted: 2 Dec 2005 13:43

I have not read many of the posts here, cos me and Jadz are just about to watch this weeks episode.*L*

But, just wanted to comment on the everyone being dead thing. This is definately the most popular theory doing the rounds. Second most popular is the alien "rats in a maze" which i hate, don't like the purgatory theory much either though.

Infact, i bet the writers don't even know exactly where it's all going yet. Loosely they do of course, but, i'm pretty sure there's some major story elements to come that have not even been concieved in a script writers head.

BTW...Worst theory i ever heard was..they are on a reality TV show! :P *shudders* do these people actualy watch the show! :D

katelyn
# Posted: 19 Dec 2005 19:36

Ugh! I feel so so so so so so tortured!!! I so wish to know what is happening but I didn't even get to finish season 1 until well into season 2. And you know what's going to happen? I'm not going to get to finish season 2 until well into season 3. It's a deadly chain. *faints* But I do adore this show.. I am so hooked. I'm amazed that none of my regular acquaintances even know what this show is. I thought it was the biggest thing since American Idol and CSI...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0