· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / PASticSvc.exe
ayanna
# Posted: 19 Feb 2006 09:48

I've been having some random programs pop up in my processes section on the Window Task Manager like

PASticSvc.exe

and

Wowexec.Exe (this one didn't display speed or anything else just was showing up.)

I'm using a TOshiba Laptop so if anyone could help clarify that those files are suppose to be there or if not please let me know so i can fix it.

Thanks Muchly
Ayanna

demonvamp
# Posted: 19 Feb 2006 10:01

Hey Ayanna,

This is the info on the latter Wow
but I can't find anything on the first in either virus or process. Are you sure that's how it's spelled?

Anyone else?
QD :)

scorger
# Posted: 20 Feb 2006 13:40

I've Googled it, checked it at the Symatec site, at the Panda Software site, and even some other places, but to no avail.

Is that how it's spelled? could there be a letter missing or something?

Sorry I couldn't find anything else :),

Scorger.

micha_bravo
# Posted: 20 Feb 2006 17:10

I'm still waiting for your clarification on spelling Ayanna. The closest item I could find to your "PASticSvc.exe" is a file called "pstorsvc.exe", which is a hijacking type of program that redirects your web browser in many instances. It's a trojan style program and by all indications it is very difficult to get rid of. You might be forced to manually remove the parts in conjunction with using some sort of AV scanner or similar.

Most likely, the file is named such to try and confuse the user and hide itself... by being similar in name to a valid dll file called: "pstorsvc.dll"

If you've updated your av software and done a full system scan and then you still encounter the problem, we'll take it from there. For now that's your first step: update av definitions, do a full system scan, see if the problem still exists, update spyware definitions, do a full system scan, see if the problem still exists and call us back.

ayanna
# Posted: 21 Feb 2006 15:19

Hmm alrighty i'll do a scan check tonight before i go to bed but i do regular checks with my virus scan and it never detects anything. that could explain why my browser is suddnely acting up. as for the spelling i'm pretty sure i copied it as is. i'll have to look again to make certain. thansk for the help peeps.

norrisa
# Posted: 21 Feb 2006 15:42

I couldn't find anything regarding "PASticSvc.exe" but, If you could run Hijack This it might give alittle more information...

After it is downloaded make sure that you actually extract HijackThis to its own folder. DO NOT run it from within a zip manager (Winzip), as no backups will be saved.

This is how HijackThis looks when first opened.

You do not have to change any settings at this point.
Notice the empty section in the middle. This is where the scan results will be listed later.
Examine the two sets of buttons. To start the scan, Click the Scan button on the left.

HijackThis after the scan.

The Scan Button has a new Caption. Save Log. Click the Save Log button to create a file named Hijackthis.log. A dialog box will pop up. Use it to select the location where you will save the log. Close the program.

Please return and reply to your orginal post, open the Log in Notepad. Highlight the entire contents. Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

ayanna
# Posted: 26 Feb 2006 22:19

okay i tried downloading that and my virus scan deted a virus in it. See below:

soo what now?:S

demonvamp
# Posted: 27 Feb 2006 08:25

Oo-er.

Where did you download it from?

QD.

norrisa
# Posted: 1 Mar 2006 15:01

Mcafee seems to have a problem with HijackThis.  :P
As it doesn't contain any worm or malicious software, it just thinks   the UPX compression that HijackThis uses is a worm. *l*

Maybe you can disable your antivirus, or unblock the program from being deleted when you download it untill you can use the program?

Andrew

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 7
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0