· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Happy Easter
deanna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 09:23

Whatever celebration you're having, just be Happy!

What'd you do?

Who'd you see?

Where'd you go?

What'd you get?

Keep me updated! I'd love to hear all about your Spring Celebrations....

I got peeps. And lots of hugs and kisses :) I'm dining with friends today.

*hugs n stuff*

~Kym

skevington
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 09:43

Happy Eater y'all!

My brother said the same thing to me this morning and out of curiosity i asked him, "Do you know it's really about?" and he couldn't tell me. That bothered me. So i told him... Though i'm not religious myself, well... i used to be but i moved along, but i think it is important that children understand the principles behind Easter. And how it isn't just an excuse to get easter eggs and such. It makes me wonder what they teach in schools at times, when i was his age 'religion' was an important part of our education.

Anyway, i'm done complaining *lol*

Dmitri

deanna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 09:52

They don't teach Religion in the US, unless you are in a private school.

:)

However..yes rant away! But do have a good easter all the same :D

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 10:33

Happy Easter Everyone !

Anth and I are just chilling

Maybe perants should be telling their children what today means - if your religious - if your not, then I can't ess a problem with looking foward too easter eggs *l*

which ever way you choose to spend today - have a good one.

* Mr & Mrs Jadzia & Anth *

babel
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 16:37

Happy Eostre.

That's how Easter gets its name  . . it was the old Saxon festival for their fertility Goddess, Eostre.  :)

polson
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 21:27

Fertility? :?

Well, we went out to my cousin's and we had lots and lots and lots of food. And there was like thirty of us. And Court and Chantel just had a baby boy four days ago, so there was much fussing over that, and on that side of the family they do a hunt for each kid (and grandkid now) for a present (mostly chocolate - I also got a superman t-shirt), which I really really really hate doing. In my immediate family, when we wake up on Sunday morning there are little bunny paw prints leading up to the kitchen table which has a display of chocolate and Easter M&M's.

As my family is all Christian, we also went to church (although, I confess I hate the Easter church services...for some reason every year it's like a contest to see if the most exciting story in the Bible can somehow be made more boring than the year before).  However, I am of the mind that the message of Christ's death and ressurection should be considered and celebrated all year round instead of just this one weekend (with boring services nontheless).

babel
# Posted: 16 Apr 2006 23:57

Fertility . . . the spring is here and life is springing up everywhere. Hence the giving of eggs. But I think it sort of ties in with the Christian concept of rebirth .  . it's all part of life's cycle. :)

Again it is fascinating to see a festival with both Christian and Pagan elements fused (another good example being Christmas.)  Maybe all those religions aren't so different after all. ;)

deanna
# Posted: 17 Apr 2006 06:58

I was reading on OTF's Holidays Page *points to the Departmental board* that same thing. I didn't know the Pagan side of the holiday till just yesterday.

The giving of the eggs really makes sense now. Afterall eggs are "live bringing" Spring is known to be the season of birth..for many many reasons.

Yeah Fertility makes sense. So of course the photo of the cute little naked baby bums, really does fit! *lol*

polson
# Posted: 17 Apr 2006 07:56

Coolies. Because just yesterday we were talking about the egg thing and I was like "Okay, I get Santa Claus, because he brings presents, like game boys and soccer balls and stuff, but the Easter Bunny brings us eggs? I don't even like eggs. Do I get soccer balls if I'm bad?"

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0