· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Polson
deanna
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 07:53

Hey gang...

Polson needs atitention! Poor lass is running all over the place stealing things and noone is helping her!

This is a time for decisive action...she needs to shine, she needs to be in the spotlight, she needs gifts, she needs scolding and praise. She needs it all...to include undivided attention from onlookers even when she's in the bathroom...well knowing Pols especially when she's in the bathroom!!!

Her cleptomania needs to be helped, she needs to be embraced!!

So let her steal this thread, let everyone steal this thread, so long as all the attention of this thread is given to noone other then Pols.

Oh and if Pols steals it, that still works, cause she's her...and since it's about her, having her here still makes it about her.

*sits confused*

Maybe I'm not such a good therapist afterall.....

So onto the topic at hand: POLSON!!

nicoll
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 11:20

Some people stand in the darkness
Afraid to step into the light
Some people need to help somebody
When the edge of surrender’s in sight..

Don't you worry!
Its gonna be alright
'cause I'm always ready,
I won't let you out of my sight.

I'll be ready (I'll be ready)
Never you fear (no don't you fear)
I'll be ready
Forever and always
I'm always here.

In us we all have the power
But sometimes its so hard to see
And instinct is stronger than reason
It's just human nature to me..

Don't you worry!
Its gonna be alright
'cause I'm always ready,
I won't let you out of my sight.

I'll be ready
Forever and always
I'm always here.

(Instrumental)

'Cause I'm always ready
I won't let you out of my sight!

I'll be ready
Forever and always
I'm always here.

Forever and always
I'm always here.

:?

nicoll
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 11:21

THe hoff stole my cc and he really does love polson :P

polson
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 21:22

Nicoll...actually, it sounded more like you were saying "I'm going to be watching my back in case you sneak up on me with an ice pick" than "I love you Polson, I love you".

Of course...the ice pick thing could ring equally true with the David...

And Kim. Do you really think this will divert my attention from everything else? And how do YOU know what goes on in my bathroom?

deanna
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 21:28

<!--QuoteBegin--polson+April 20 2006,21:22--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (polson @ April 20 2006,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->And how do YOU know what goes on in my bathroom?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Ummm...I'm a Goddess?? It's what we do...we sit in our treehouse and we watch people during their private times....<br><br><br>*looks over* JEREMY! that's just gross.....

polson
# Posted: 20 Apr 2006 22:45

*lmao* D just made my thread about Jeremy.

deanna
# Posted: 22 Apr 2006 14:30

People are saying grumpy things about Pols on TeeKay's thread...

Stop it :P

Pols is just a sandwich and please leave her alone now!! Don't make me wrath on you.  :P

Did I spell Clepto wrong? *L*

babel
# Posted: 22 Apr 2006 15:54

I like Polson. :)

brady
# Posted: 22 Apr 2006 16:23

eh, I could go either way..

:?

I mean.. who doesn't like Pols?  She's great.  Dry sense of humour, lethal with an ice pick, she can make pottery and she lives in a toilet!  And also, if Kim likes her, everyone should.  =)

*does my going to visit Kim in a few weeks dance*

polson
# Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:51

I adore Brady and I'm secretly in love with Billy Bob.

Well, seeing how this my thread and it doesn't really have a direction, I think I'll take this opportunety to teach you all a little something about yours truly.

Often people never take me seriously because I'm always cracking jokes. And the second I stop cracking jokes, they think I'm angry (or disgusted - it's true, I'll never let that comment go).  Allow me to lift the shroud of mystery. I find that when I'm being serious about something, the best thing TO do is to crack a joke. It relieves tension, and usually it lets the other person know it's okay if they don't agree with me. Often it's just a reminder "hey, I'm human too and I might be a moron".  Granted, this works much better in rl, but it's a habit that I can't just turn off because it's that much a part of my behavior. So just because I'm being funny doesn't mean I don't believe what I'm saying or stand by my opinion (not that there's any doubt that I'm extremely opinionated).

If I'm being serious without cracking jokes, often it's because I'm trying to communicate "I'm being serious" to people who never take me seriously. It's not because I'm angry. In my family we have a saying..."I'm NOT yelling, YOU'LL KNOW WHEN I'M YELLING." I learned ages ago the difference between yelling and real yelling and I NEVER say to anyone in my family "you don't have to yell" (it's just asking to be yelled at).  And it's pretty much the same with tempers too. "I'm not mad. YOU'll KNOW WHEN I'M MAD!" So if you're sitting there going "is she mad? I can't tell," then I'm not mad, or at least not mad enough that I've decided to pick that battle.

When I'm angry, the best thing to do is...leave me alone! It's true. If you give me ten minutes left alone, I'll usually blow right over it and be fine.  If I'm going to be longer than that, it's because certain lines have been crossed and in which case I'll probably confront you. And the really funny thing is, personally I'd rather you come after me before ten minutes so I can kill you, and I almost hate it even more to be left alone, but for your sake and mine it's best for everyone if I get that chance to cool off.  My best friend knows this and while I hate it to no end when she doesn't come after me when I'm mad, it's way way way more effective for resolution of conflict.

Often it seems like I just get uppity about every random thing that walks by, but the truth is I DO pick my battles, and carefully. You might not understand why I go after the things I go after, but if you care that much and you're confused, you're welcome to ask me why (so long as you don't try and change my mind before I've even finished explaining my reasons).  And sometimes, I pick battles that no one else ever picks and ignore the battles that everyone always picks and I - possibly mistakenly - think that's wise.

Even further...I may actually understand your point of view and see how you came to your conclusions honestly and still disagree with you (and argue...lest we not forget that).  I'm not being obstinante or blind, I just think you're wrong.  Doesn't mean I don't understand what you're saying or where you're coming from.

This, and other helpful "How To Fight With Polson" guides can be made available at polson_007@yahoo.com :)

Ah...that was fun! :D  Everyone should post one of these.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.032
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0