· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Sale of Hitler Art! Right or wrong?
skevington
# Posted: 30 Sep 2006 09:07

I'm lazy so just read this.

What do you guys think? I fail to see the big deal... Hitler was an artist albeit a some what poor one. The work would probably have never came up for sale had it been anyone other than him. Though i'm not sure it is right for people to make money off this and off Hitler's reputation...

So what do you think? Is this right? Or wrong? If you vote, please post with your thoughts.

sg_atlantis
# Posted: 30 Sep 2006 16:28

Why shouldn't it be acceptable? I'm not a facist enthusiast...

But there is an old quote that pretty much sums all this up...

"Hitler went to heaven, and if you understand why, you understand god."

Hitler believed what he was doing was good and rightous, In my opinion he was a nut, but the point is...Everyone has different perspectives on things, and should his past stop his art from being sold or appreciated (well, to an extent since...well, it sucks.) just because he viewed the world differently than most?

aeon
# Posted: 30 Sep 2006 21:11

I think, it's just a shame to see that we are talking about Hitler here! :o

skevington
# Posted: 30 Sep 2006 22:37

Annie, you've gone and confused me.  :P

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Oct 2006 21:56

I don't think they should sell these off not because I am offended by decent artwork that just happen to be made by a foolish leader who killed 6 million people, rather I don't agree with them selling it just because of the name. These artworks should be donated to a museum. They should be considered historical artifacts.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.020
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0