· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / avatar creation help
kittykat
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 05:52 · Edited by: kittykat

Hello Hello

I decided to make some nice BSG avatars. However most of them look all a bit pixelated? (Not sure if that's the right description)

for example
starbuck Sharon

(BTW the actual size is 45x55 and if you click the pictures you get the properly sized ones)

Could anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Basically I'm just cropping and resizing using paint shop pro 9.

Thanks!

bria
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 10:58

Could be the way you're saving them... the thing with JPGs is that they come in different qualities, and the lower the quality, the more pixellated and smudged it'll look. I don't know how PSP works, so I can't really help with that. But maybe you can fiddle with some settings there?

If they only look like that after you save 'em, then that's definitely the problem. Apart from that, I don't know. It looks like you might be using a restricted colour palette or something. What do the original pictures look like? And at what point exactly do your avatars look like this (when you crop, when you resize, after you save, or at some other point)?

I'm willing to help, but I think I need to know a bit more... I've never used PSP, ergo I've never had that problem.

demonvamp
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 11:07

Okay, I sometimes get this. Are you resizing with smart size or is it coming up as resizing the pixels? If the latter, you need to increase the colour depth. Images- increase colour depth- 16 million, then select smart resize before you resize. Some pictures just come in funny when you save them, I dunno why

QD

kittykat
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 11:15 · Edited by: kittykat

after they've been resized.

Basically I crop the head shot until it will nicely resize to 45 X 45. When it's resized they've gone pixelly - before saving

the above starbuck one was taken from
http://kittykat.org.uk/avatars/star8.jpg

which I didn't think was poor quality

Hey Demon: I have no idea I was just going to resize and changing the width to 45 pixels and watching the height got to 55. I will check it out

thanks for the help folks btw

kittykat
# Posted: 1 Mar 2008 11:28

Yes! that's it! thank you demon

no I have to redo them all

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.038
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0