· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Moving Forward
ajcardall
# Posted: 28 Apr 2011 08:25

Hello, folks.

I'd like to take a few moments to say a few words following my promotion to a flag rank - CL9. While we may not place as much weight and importance on rank any more at the Outpost, and becoming an Admiral is not as unusual as it once was, it is still something that has left me feeling very humble and thankful.

Over the past few years, thanks to the rise to power of social networking and microblogging, the demand for chat rooms has dropped off considerably, so we can't attract the same crowds that we used to. However, I don't think that's a killer blow at all - I'd rather have a small, but special and close knit community, like we have, than be a faceless person on, ironically, Facebook. We are still a very special community full of very special person, and I don't feel in the least bit ashamed when I say that count a good number of you among my close friends - because you are. The Outpost really is a place of friends interacting, chatting, working together and really getting into the community spirit. We face tough challenges, but we are standing up in the face of adversity, and we are not daunted, we are not bowed. That is what sets us apart from the rest, and that is why I am 100% sure that the Outpost will remain active, successful and continuing to draw in people from all over the world!

You should all be justifiably proud of yourselves - keeping a chat community operating, and operating successfully, is not an easy task right now - after all, how many others do you see out there? I don't want to sound melodramatic, or make the promotion something it's not, but I pledge to continue to work alongside everyone at the Outpost in pushing forward, whether that be working behind the scenes or just populating the chat.

Rest assured, that this recent accolade does not mark the endgame for me. I want to continue working, getting involved, chatting and building upon our wonderful community even harder than before! So if anyone ever has any questions, comments, wishes to have a chat or get involved, please to get in touch!

I'd like to finish by saying that it truly is an honour to be a member of such a wonderful and special community. Maxwell couldn't have envisaged where we would end up. We have smashed all the expectations anyone could have possibly had, and that, my dear friends, is thanks to you.

With the utmost respect and admiration,
Rear-Admiral AJ

quincyw
# Posted: 29 Apr 2011 08:39

Mazel Tov on your promotion, much deserved!

I also do kind of get to eat my earlier words about the lack of people being promoted into Admiralty!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.028
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0